He has an M.Eng in Manufacturing & Management from UMIST and obtained his PhD in MRP II System Implementation while working for a UK ERP software house. Austen has also
worked for several universities and latterly he project managed the development and implementation of a supply chain management system and a project management system in a medium-sized manufacturing company. Austen has had many papers published in journals and at international conferences on subjects that reflect his prime areas of interest:
- ERP software implementation
- Change Management in UK SMEs
- Implementing Production Management and Planning Systems
- Implementing Supply Chain Management Systems (SCM)
- Specifying bespoke software to boost business performance
Austen is a Chartered Engineer (C.Eng) and a Member of the following professional institutes and organisations:
- Institute of Operations Management (MIOM)
- Chartered Management Institute (MCMI)
- Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET)
Enjoys squash and cycling.
Austen has recently achieved an M.Res degree in business performance improvement techniques including search engine optimisation and in 2006 became a Google Qualified Individual in Google’s “Advertising Professional Programme”.